Character Concept - 'HIDEOUS' - The Creature

I had another request to work on a video game, one titled "Hideous". This time, my role was to model a creature character. The premise of the game is that the players have become mutated monsters and must navigate a maze to hunt down other players and feed off of them in order to survive and win.

I was sent a selection of reference images at the concept stage, shown below.


I went on to sketch some different kinds of monster creatures, trying out elements inspired from the references I was given.


After showing the rest of the production team, I got some feedback and went on to produce more sketches towards a final design.






After more whittling down of the finer details from the project leader, I produced a turnaround for the character. This would be used in the modelling process, so I knew it had to be as accurate as possible.