2D Concepts - Interiors

I started working on some drawings of my interior setting ideas, that would become more concept paintings.
When I came back to the church/cathedral theme, I thought about how I wanted to take that visual style and use it in something other than an actual church setting. I ended up fusing it with one of the other ideas from my brainstorming stage, which was the elegant bathroom.


For this painting, I wanted to test out the method of using very simple shading with minimal differing shades. The concentration is then focused more on lighting and mood of the scene rather than what colour and texture everything will be. 



The last sketch is my first draft of a music shop interior. However, due to where I am in the timeline of the project I have decided that I need to begin focusing on the modelling aspect of my scenes, so I must leave the concept stage where it is for now.