This Project is Evolving

Now, looking back at my project proposal I said that my intentions for the project were fairly open and that I would be designing my projects without specifically thinking about whether they were intended for film or video games. However, as the semester has progressed of course I have been working on a few video game projects and found that it has ignited more of a passion for this.

Because of this influence, I am thinking more about pursuing a career in games development and as an effect of that, I would like to steer my work for this module in that direction as well. As I am modelling, I am thinking about making this space more of a game level than anything else and how I would move a character about that space. In the back of my mind, I am even thinking about the story behind this scene and what the characters of this story would look like.

I am going to look more at video game specific showreels, and I am also considering placing my scene in a game engine so that I can walk through it as if it were a game level.